Nobody wants a dumb home when
we make it so easy to make it smart.
Tips for Your Smart Home
- Keep your Smart Home running even when the power goes out by having a battery back-up for your router, modem and Wi-Fi.
- Protect your Smart Home by setting up a second Wi-Fi network just for your Smart Home devices
Monitored Camera Tips ...
- Don’t attach cameras to gutters, the weight and the exposure to weather is bad for your gutter and your camera
- Dont put cameras in dark spaces unless the product is equipped with night vision or infrared technology designed to work in low light conditions
- Place cameras along a wall that offers the widest view of the room
- For best results, place outdoor cameras in a location that offers some protection from weather
- Outdoor cameras placed in areas not easily accessible can help prevent tempering
Video Doorbell Tips ...
- Select a video doorbell with both cloud and local storage (usually a micro sd card) if one method fails, you have a backup
- Pick your preference in a night vision feature; either an infrared (black and white footage) or a spotlight to allow for color night vision
- Determine whether you need a hard-wired or a battery operated system. A battery system is easy to install, however, lots of activity combined with always on monitoring and video capture could use up batteries in a couple of weeks. Conversely, limited activations and select use of video capture will result in a battery life of a 2 months or more
Smart Thermostat Tips ...
- Use voice control, pair with an app such as Alexa, and ask to raise or lower temperature by room
- Get weather updates, as well as the temperature outside
- Use Away, Auto Away and IFTT (If then, then that programming) to save energy
- Use the Geofencing feature which detects your smartphone and adjusts temperatures
Voice Assistant Tips …
- Set alert to know when your Voice Assistant is listening; be sure to mute listening mode when you want privacy
- Check the manufacturer's policy to understand who is allowed to listen to audio redordings
- Periodically review your recording history, either set up an "auto delete" function or manually remove old recordings
- Add a PIN to control who can shop by voice command
(MORE LIKE GENIUS HOME)
When you are ready for more than DIY, our award-winning team of experienced professionals specialize in the design and integration of Smart Home Automation. We implement intelligent controls that learn and adapt. We work closely with residential and commercial owners, contractors, architects, and interior designers toward a goal of “bringing it all together.”
Our Top 5 Custom Home
- Multimedia Rooms
- Home Theaters
- Whole Home Sound Systems
- Automated Smart Lighting
- AutomatedTemperature, Energy, and Communication Systems
Zirrus Connected Technologies Has Set the Standard in the Carolinas for Professionalism, Innovation, and Customer Satisfaction.
“Life is better when