You Need Wi-Fi 6.
Lucky you. All our routers are Wi-Fi 6.
Internet speed is not enough.
Wi-Fi 6 is the new 802.11ax standard that will allow for 4 times the network efficiency, 4 times the throughput in dense and congested environments and up to 40 percent higher peak data rates.
Of Course, It's Faster: The average user can send at least 4 times the data in dense or congested environments.
Better Battery Life: Wi-Fi 6 helps devices customize when they receive Wi-Fi signals, making it easier for devices to save energy while waiting for the next signal.
Lower Lag: Shorter or no delay times as data is sent which improves load times and helps avoids disconnects.
Our Expert’s Wi-Fi 6 Router Tips
A router acts as a hub from the internet to all of your devices providing connection, bandwidth, and directing and optimizing "traffic" in the form of data, files, streaming, etc.
- Look for strong Quality of Service (QoS) settings that you allow to allocate specific devices or protect traffic routes, and if you have a gamer look for the ability to set specific Mbps
- If you are going to connect NAS drives or gaming consoles, look for a router with at least (4) LAN ports, including (2) Gig LAN ports for large file transfers and load balancing, while advanced routers can handle 2.5, 5 or 10 Gig connection speeds
- Check the parental controls for the ability to set individual user profiles and age appropriate settings for all devices assigned to a specific profile
Did You Know?
- Globally, there are over 46 billion connected devices
- In the U.S., there is an average of 13 connected devices per person
Our Expert’s Gaming Router Tips
Dual band routers have a 2.4GHz radio and a 5 GHz radio, while tri-band routers use a single 2.4GHz band and two 5GHz bands. Tri-band routers are the ultimate solution for high-traffic networks because you can designate specific radio bands to certain applications.
- Wi-Fi 6 routers should have a quad-core CPU with at least 512MB of RAM
- The more antennas the better, premium routers can have up to 8 antennas specific profile
Did You Know?
- The average age of gamer is 34
- 70% are over 18
- 60% of gamers play daily
- 45% of U.S. gamers are women
Tips for Selecting a Home Router
- If you need to connect printers or external hard drives, get a router with a USB 3.0 port
- Check for anti-malware tools that quarantine infected devices, and will remove malicious content real time
- Most Wi-Fi 6 routers include Guest Networking to protect your primary network while allowing guests access to the internet
Did You Know?
Experts recommend updating your router every 2-3 years or when a generational update occurs such as the new Wi-Fi 6 standard.
Our Experts Tips for Placing a Mesh Router
Mesh routers are satellite access points that share the same passwords and SSID as your main router and create a wireless mesh network to extend your Wi-Fi connectivity throughout your home.
- Do you need a mesh router? Generally speaking, if you home is over 2,000 square feet, the answer is yes.
- Depending on system requirements, place the mesh router half way between the main router and the “dead zone” that needs Wi-Fi coverage, follow the “2 room” rule and place a mesh router no more than 2 rooms apart (about 30 feet)
- Place access points close to a power outlet, out in the open and off the floor on a bookcase or table top and in proximity to any device which would need a direct connection
Did You Know?
- Everyday 81% of the U.S. population goes online
- Everyday they average 7 hours online
You don’t need to be a Wi-Fi certified technician.
You don’t need to pass the certified Wi-Fi 6 test just to stream Cleopatra in Space from the Bonus room. But it sure helps to have professionals with their fingers on the pulse of the industry, ready to specify, design, and manage your Wi-Fi network to ensure your wireless LAN (local area network) is cost-effective, reliable, and secure.
Our certified Professionals make this promise to you, when we design your Wi-Fi system, we’ll:
- Certify your Wi-Fi system is there — you’ve got the whole home coverage and the dynamic resiliency to withstand shocks without damage and change without impacting performance.
- Certify your Wi-Fi system works — everybody is looking for zero downtime and we build the redundancies required to make it happen.
- Certify your Wi-Fi system performs — set the traffic policies needed assigning real-time traffic, critical apps, bulk apps, and firewalls to prioritize a constant stream of traffic.
- Certify your Wi-Fi system is safe — assess system vulnerabilities to prevent attacks before they happen, and set up Wireless Intrusion Prevention Systems (WIPS) to monitor and audit security compliance.
Call 336-463-5022 for more information.
Wi-Fi 6 without the Hassle
- The Latest: Never worry about keeping up with rapidly changing tech standards, Smart Wi-Fi uses only the latest standard and keeps your network updated
- Installed by Pros: Every home is a little different. Whether it's wall material, square footage, surrounding buildings, or the number of connected devices, our Pros evaluate your situation and design the optimal Wi-Fi experience.
- Monitored by Pros: Not only does your Wi-Fi 6 router monitor traffic and lower lag, but our team of experts is also available to troubleshoot and optimize your Wi-Fi system continuously, often optimizing performance remotely.
- Get the New App: New Command iQ app allows you to use intuitive parental controls with a few taps.